Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mama Bear Comes to Paris!

I'll admit it: I miss my Mommy. To all the Mama Bears of the world, Happy early Mother's Day! This Sunday, I will be in Geneva, Switzerland, visiting a longtime friend, so I figured I would take the time now to shout out to my mama. I will be missing Mother's Day this year, but at least I can look back on the photos from my Mom's awesome visit to Paris.

We hit the major sites, but if I do say so myself, she got to see them differently, with someone who speaks the language and can do things a bit off the beaten tourist track (for instance, skipping the hordes of people by the Eiffel Tower and going straight to the Champ de Mars to picnic in full view of it).

Between the two of us Calmes women, many miles were walked, many glasses (bottles?) of wine were consumed, and many memories were made. Parents in Paris=the greatest.

Having a parent in Paris inevitably means good eating. We found ourselves at the most romantic resto I have ever been too, with a lovely market menu, a cute French waiter, and a sleepy cat and restless dog.

Mom proceeds to rearrange the resto's flowers because "they've got it all wrong." Typical.

Le Comptoir: scallops salad and an omelette à la basque

Wine bar=always the right choice with mama bear

A picnic at the Champ de Mars is the best way to see the Eiffel Tower...



Mama makes a tiny human friend at brunch.
Love you Mom! If I do say so myself, you have done good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment