Sunday, June 2, 2013

No Reason Why...

"There's NO reason you shouldn't..." was one of the phrases that came up quite often in conversation with my PIC (partner in crime, please God let someone get the Role Models reference) Claude, who left Paris a few days ago. Yup, we lost a good one. 

Many of these adventures in these photos took place WITH her. For this last month in Paris, we sorta had it down to a routine. Daytime? picnic in parks. Nighttime? hit a new wine bar. In between? EAT, at n'importe quel resto from the Bible.

Vin+Charcuterie à Les Fines Gueules

Casual midday wine pause au parc de Montsouris

Anytime I see Sacre Coeur, I gasp. AKA I am often struggling for air because that place's perch is prominent

Kitty dance! Claude: "Since I have started hanging out with you more, I take a lot of pictures of cats.."

Parc de Andre Citroen, aka bizarre modern park land

Cité métro, a gem of beautiful orb lighting

Exploring the Marais during the Heures Heureuses, a tapas happy hour event

Claude + Caro in the reflection, absolute truth in the statement

Toute seule au marché bio des Batignolles, 12e

Too much red the night before...Evidently the only solution was to meet Claude at Aligre for this breakfast at renowned wine bar Le Baron Rouge. #hearthealth

I forget the name of this park, but it's in view of Notre Dame, on the left bank

Champagne at the Turr. Thanks to Andrew for navigating, and Claude for her couch. Just your average Monday...
And so it continues, ("it" being shenanigans), even as our numbers dwindle. But the crew recently got a new addition: Doo! Can't believe my sister is here. We haven't been in Paris together since I was 11, didn't speak French, was unwilling to eat snails (I hate myself for that), and was generally just a doofus. Now I can take her around and we can see the city completely differently, the way it should be. Too bad she doesn't get to meet all my buddies, and my heart hurts.

But Claude,  girl, this post is for you. Appropriately, the sun has come out so hopefully you'll have a beautiful day to match your sunny personality, which has exacerbated my enthusiasm and probably made us an annoying pair (look at this BUILDING! IT'S GREAT!). Paris will be short one great girl. My arteries may be better off without you, but my heart won't (also, forego heart health, get charcuterie). Floor will be lonely without you, my friend

PS. Love you Claudie. I am up in yo house SNATCHIN YO PEOPLE UP

No comments:

Post a Comment