Thursday, March 28, 2013

Late Bloomers

One of the highlights of my Wednesdays here is the chance to chat with Anne after my 3 hours of class (if it sounds like torture, that's only because it is), while she is in the hallway waiting to go to her next class, in the room next door. This week, it was even better, because she introduced me to a French girl who is going to be an au pair in DC for the year, moving to my turf in July! We got to talking, and I was WAYYY too enthusiastic, but it made me realize how much I miss my homeland, the District.

Our short conversation brought on a rush of bittersweet homesickness; it's not so much that I am sad but that I am now excited about the prospect of a summer in DC rather than dreading my return to the states. But I think that this "missing home" business came kinda late (nearly 3 full months have passed...), much like spring in Paris. It really needs to spring already. But the first signs of life have appeared, like some greenery and little bulbs in the public parks, and people tentatively taking to the streets to catch intermittent rays of sunshine. I have been lucky enough to catch some of this in my daily walks+runs, so enjoy the beauty that is Paris by foot, a constant remedy to homesickness:

Good morning!


Found this pretty space down a tiny side street off a major shopping street. You never know!


Couldn't resist. All too appropriate that a bag store is named after me <3



One of the city's passages, so 19th century mademoiselles did not have to deal with the gross weather. Now they are just fun to explore!

The très chic Gallerie Vivienne, 2e

Hôtel de Ville! and a carousel! and blue sky!

I have never been prouder to live in my neighborhood than the moment I found this store.

To all the men on the steps: NO I DO NOT WANT A BRACELET

GREEN
I am so excited to see Paris when it is really nice out, and everything is warming up and coming back to life. It is going to be a whole new city. Picnic=pique-nique=destined to be a daily occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment