Sunday, March 17, 2013

Paris Welcomes Wonton!

Here's hoping that people aren't actually reading my blog, so my pops doesn't get embarrassed that I have revealed his nickname, Wonton (I seem to be the only person who uses it, anyway). But I think the greatest weekend I have had here to date was the one when my Dad came to visit. We are really close, but it was a whole new context to be gallivanting around Paris, and he got to see me speak French for the first time, which I think was fun for both of us.

Wonton has been to Paris a handful of times, both for business and pleasure, so I tried to show him some of the parts of the city that are less visited by gaggles of tourists. We did some of the musts, like a run along the Seine and climbing all the steps of the Basilique de Sacre Coeur, but we also explored the streets of Montmartre and the Marais, and the Latin Quarter.

Happy hour on his last night was the happiest of hours, because Dad got to meet almost the whole crew: Andrew, Annebam, D, Claude, the usual suspects. We cut out early to get dinner on a little side street, where we ate at the bar (the bartender was cracking jokes the whole time, it was awesome) and I tried to concentrate on my food and not stare at the corner table--Marillon Cotillard, Guillame Canet, and Bradley Cooper. Name dropping=absolutely necessary in this instance. It was the perfect ending to the perfect weekend, and as Wonton said to me before we said goodbye, he had finally seen some of the magic of the city. I would try to take partial credit for this accomplishment, but in reality, he was just lost in Bradley's eyes.



The vineyards of Montmartre

Pensive Wonton. He doesn't know I took this but it makes me smile :)

Everyone should experience the beauty that is the open air marché in Paris

The boys at dinner at Le Mesturet. She was our best buddy--she let me have a plate of cheese instead of dessert!

Learned something about Wonton-nearly non-functional sans coffee

Rarity at the French market: English muffins?!

B. Cooper, 12 o'clock. Slash enjoy Wonton's "discreet" face

Real-life crêpes! *Annebam was there too :)

LATKES + sunshine

I also received confirmation this week of 3 more visitors: Mama Bear, Doo, and PB!! Beyond ecstatic. They are all coming between April and June, so it will be a rush of homelove before the end of the semester. In the meantime, I will be scrambling to accomplish the Paris Bucket List I made this week, to know the city even better before my faves come to hang and I get to play tour guide :)

No comments:

Post a Comment