Saturday, March 9, 2013

Love is (Was?) in the Air

Happy belated Valentine's day! At first, I didn't even realize it was the day, even in the most romantic city in the world, because it was just another day of class and errands. But after a nice afternoon of strolling and teatime with Annebam, I took a cooking class with some other students on my program. The woman's apartment was a dream, overlooking the Jardins du Luxembourg on one side, and the rest of the city (including the Eiffel tower, which starting at 7 PM would twinkle every hour) on the other. We made a full multi-course meal, and then ate it together and it was heavenly! Best V-Day ever.

Plus, I got to see some pretty interesting stuff around the city, ranging from cool to romantic to hilarious. I know it's a little bit belated, but I think it's still worth sharing:


The view from the kitchen--there's the tower in all its glowing glory

Pulling caramel for the dessert




Unforeseen consequence of this Vday dinner: I am now obsessed with duck. SO GOOD.


The bakeries around the city also pulled out all the stops for the sweet-toothed lovers; hearts and chocolate were EVERYWHERE. Oh yeah, and bagels?


Because nothing says "I love you" like a bagel.

They were holding hands. I died. French children=painfully adorable, but also way better dressed than me.

Step Up? Nope, "Sexy Dance." AKA "When An Attempted Translation Goes Wrong"
 And, the best for last. As if I had forgotten, I stumbled upon this gem on the street in Brussels:
100% accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment